Sign Up For News And Updates

Your Contact Information
First Name:
Last Name:
E-mail Address:
Sign up for the following:

Your Address
Mobile Phone:
Learn more about opt-in
By checking this box, you agree to receive email and text message updates from us. By checking this box, I consent to receive event and news updates via email and SMS. Unsubscribe anytime via provided links. Your information is safe with us and used solely for providing our News and updates. Standard Msg & Data rates may apply.

How to Obtain a Food Establishment Permits for a New Business

All Food Establishments in Mingo County that are new, being renovated, or have a change of ownership must go through the plan review process.  This starts with filling out a plan review application:

Plan Review Application

Once plans are approved, you must schedule an inspection with a Sanitarian.  They will inspect your Food Establishment to make sure that it meets the 2013 FDA Food Code and that it can be operated in a safe an sanitary manner.  At this point an application for an Annual Food Permit must be submitted to Mingo County Health Department with payment at least 30 days prior to opening.

Annual Food Permit Application

All Food Establishments are required to follow West Virginia 64 CSR 17 – The Legislative Rule for Food Establishments.  This rule also incorporates the the 2013 FDA Food Code by reference.  It is recommended that you download and keep a copy of the Legislative Rules and the 2013 FDA Food Code at your establishment.

WV 64CSR17 Food Establishments

2013 FDA Food Code

Every Food Establishment must have at least one person that is a Certified Food Protection Manager beginning on July 1, 2020.  If the Food Protection Manager is not on duty, there must be a person in charge at the facility that has completed the MCHD Person In Charge (PIC) training class.  All employees must have a current Food Handler’s Card.

Grease Trap Sizing Form